Berlin Memorial Activity

    I have learned that during the Holocaust many laws became in act for Jews, and these were called the Nuremberg laws. Many of these laws excluded Jews from doing many activities, as time went by the laws targeted Jews from doing daily things. There were many laws but with the few that I learned they were harsh because some were like they could not have eggs or milk which is very harsh because people need food. Other laws did not allow Jews to go to the beach for example, or had to hand it many things they owned.

     I think the Berlin memorial was built to remind people how unfair the Jews had it during those year. I think it also was built to show exactly what the Jews could do and what they couldn’t do. It also shows how many laws there were made, and to remember all the people that died.

     One thing I noticed about the laws is that in certain years there were more laws than in others. In some years like 1938 many different laws were passed but in other years like 1944 none were passed (from the laws that we learned). Something else I noticed is that as the years went on the laws became more harsh for Jews. For example laws started off my not allowing Jews to join specific clubs to Jews not being able to have milk or eggs and only being allowed to go to the store from 4 to 5. These laws kept Jews from doing things that they needed to do.

     One restriction I think I would have trouble with is suppling Jews with meat, meat products prohibited. This is a law I would have trouble with because you need meat to eat , so just thinking about not having food to eat is difficult. Another law that would be tough is Jews are not allowed to go to school. I chose this because if you are a kid that goes to school but now you are not allowed to go to school you are just stuck at home not getting an education. Since Jews were not allowed to do many other things kids are just at home not being able to do anything while maybe their parents are at work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

President

Favorite animal

News Last Week